WE ARE HIRING!
Come Join us to Grow Markets and Connect Trades
AFEX is a commodities exchange firm with a mission to support Nigeria’s food security while promoting a fair exchange of value among players in commodity value chains. To achieve this goal, AFEX looks to introduce products that de-risk the sector, drive financial inclusion for rural communities, develop technology for data collection and market access, and enable the deployment of capital. Over the next four years, AFEX seeks to integrate fully into the capital markets through the introduction of commodity-based products, entrenching its role as the leader in the country’s commodities market.
We aim to bring together a team of changemakers with as many people as possible working together to change the status quo of commodity value chains across the continent. And we have a career opportunity for the role of a Trade Operation Xpert.
If you are qualified, send your application to hr.afexnigeria.com/my-jobs .
The deadline for submission is on Monday, 11th April 2022.
Location: Across Nigeria.
A Trade Operation Xpert is responsible for overseeing warehousing activities and managing smallholder farmers according to the organization’s policies.
The responsibilities of a trade operation Xpert include supervising receiving, warehousing, distribution operation, maintaining documentation, keeping accurate records of warehouse activities, maintaining awareness and knowledge of the condition of all stocks. Also, provides excellent communication and strong analytical skills. Ultimately, for a high-quality trade operation, Xpert should have experience in inventory, warehousing, strong leadership, and organizational skills.
Financial Inclusions and Farmers Registration
· Registration of farmers and documentation on the workbench and any other designated platform.
Input Planning and Disbursement Reporting/Reconciliation
· In charge of input planning in the location which includes registration of farmers, meeting with cooperative heads, and lead.
· Robust outreach of location and conversion of farmers to turn up for spot sales and storage in the warehouse.
· Lead and coordinate all farmers’ registration and report same as quickly as possible.
· Drive and own loan repayment in location.
Stock Quality and Quantity Assurance
· Ensure correctness of all inventories in the warehouse.
· Ensure quality and quantity of stock stored/aggregated in the warehouse.
· Accurate and timely transaction reports; including posting on all platforms as required.
· Accurate and timely mid and end-month inventory reports.
· Review daily all the transactions submitted for payment.
· Participate in ad-hoc projects and perform other activities as may be assigned.
· Oversee efficiency of operational processes.
· Deliver target.
· A Bachelor’s degree in Agric related field or relevant field from any reputable university.
· Competent in the use of computer software.
· Between the ages of 22–28 years.
· Strong reporting and analytical skills.
· Experience in operational role with the banking industry will be an added advantage.
· Any relevant experience in similar field.